As a leading download, instant play and mobile casino South Africa, Springbok Casino offers the full gamut of casino games. One of our showpieces is European Roulette - a game known for its multitude of bet types that pay out at diverse odds. Do you know the difference between inside bets, outside bets and announced bets? If not, you can find all the information right here…
There is a Betting Bonanza Coming Your Way
When you load Springbok mobile casino South Africa onto your phone or tablet and hit the speciality tab, you are confronted with titles reserved for gambling specialists. One such title stands head and shoulders above the rest – and that is European Roulette!
It is a single zero game that has a house edge that slides neatly behind the high of American Roulette. In actual facts and figures, the edge is just 2.70% - compared to the 5.3% of the American version. What that of course tells us is there is a higher probability of winning rands and cents playing European Roulette as opposed to the double zero game developed in the USA.
Two Broad Categories of Bets Shared by American and European Roulette
An element shared by both the roulette variations that you can play at our mobile casino South Africa is the diversity of bets. Notwithstanding which type of roulette you choose to unleash on your device, you will find the structure of the wheel and the rectangular layout is exactly the same, with one obvious exception - and that is the single or double zero highlighted in green.
In total there are ten bet types arranged in two broad categories based on their position on the layout. That however is not the sum total of all the bets. In European Roulette there is a third category of bets that you can place on a second oval layout - but more about that a little later.
What Are the Outside Bets in Roulette Online?
As the name suggests the outside bets are the bet types lying below the numbers on the layout. These are the even money bets that pay out at odds of 1:1. When you place an outside bet in roulette you are essentially betting on features of the wheel and layout rather than the actual numbers. The outside bets in roulette are red or black; odd or even or high (19 to 36) or low (1 to 18). They are the bet types with the highest probability of winning and the even money odds reflect that fact.
How About the Inside Bets in Roulette?
As you have probably guessed the inside bets are the bets on the inside of the rectangular layout. They are the bets placed on a particular number or set of numbers. If the winning number happens to be your preferred number or one of the numbers covered by the bet, you are paid out at odds that reflect the probability of that particular outcome actually occurring.
When you gamble real money at our top ranked mobile casino South Africa, you have the opportunity to place one or more of the following inside bets in roulette:
- Dozen - a bet that the winning number will be in the 1st 12 (1 to 12), the 2nd 12 (13 to 24) or the 3rd 12 (25 to 36).
- Column - a bet that the winning number will be in the first, second or third column arranged below the zero or double zero box. The dozen and column bets pay at odds of 2:1.
- Straight-up - a bet on the exact winning number. It is the bet with the lowest probability of occurring and consequently pays out at the richest odds of 35:1.
- Split - a bet on one of two adjacent numbers on the layout such as 33 and 36, 22 and 25 or 2 and 5. If either of the numbers win you are paid at odds of 17:1.
- Street - a bet on three numbers in a row, such as 19, 20 and 21 or 31, 32 and 33. If the winning number falls within the three-number set, you are paid out at odds of 11:1.
- Corner - a bet on four adjacent numbers such as 15, 14, 18 and 17 or 26, 29, 25 and 28. A winning corner bet has odds of 8:1.
- Six-number - a bet on one of six adjacent numbers winning such as 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 or 21, 24, 20, 26, 22 and 28. The payout on a winning number in this case is 5:1.
If you want to exploit a touch of French magic at the best mobile casino in South Africa, we suggest you go for the announced bets - exclusive to our European Roulette. These are special betting combinations that cover a large part of the layout all in one go. They may be quite expensive and require optimal bankroll management… but when you do hit a winning streak, there is money to be made at Springbok Casino!
What are the special combo bets? They all have fancy French names and even fancier payout odds that range from 8:1 to 35:1. They even have their own oval shaped layout that lies above the conventional layout on the gaming interface. The announced bets in European Roulette are as follows:
- Voisins du Zero - covers the zero plus eight numbers on either side of the zero on the wheel. That essentially means you cover 17 numbers with seven chips. A winning number gets paid out at odds of 17:1. The beauty about playing European Roulette at our mobile casino South Africa is all you have to do is to choose a chip value and tap on the Voisins du Zero box… and the software does all the rest!
- Orphans - consists of four split bets and one straight up bet that together cover eight numbers - 1 which pays 35:1 and 6, 9, 14, 17, 20, 31 and 34 that pay at odds of 17:1.
- Tiers du Cylindre - is six-chip combination bet that generates winnings at odds of 17:1. It covers 12 numbers or a third of the layout - 33, 16, 24, 5, 10, 23, 8, 30, 11, 36, 13 and 27. If you happen to hit a hot streak with this bet in play, there is a good chance you will end your gambling session at Springbok Casino firmly in the black!
Sign Up at Springbok Mobile Casino South Africa
You too can capitalise on a multi-bet roulette game that is available right here at Springbok Casino. Simply register an account, deposit funds to bankroll your play and swish on through to European Roulette. There is no limit to the number of bets you can place each round… so settle in for an exciting time where winning big may just be part of the experience at our mobile casino South Africa!