Enjoy your time at Springbok Casino
Roulette Bet Payouts and Game Odds
Roulette bets, no deposit casino bonus payouts, and game odds are influenced by statistical probabilities combined with the odds of all of the possible bets that can be placed on the game. If you want to play an intelligent game of online casino roulette you should memorize the different types of bets and keep in mind the probability that each bet has to hit the mark.
Being aware of these odds and probabilities can help you devise your strategies when you play roulette. The house edge will always be in the casino’s favor but you can tilt the odds a bit in your favor if you have an understanding of when and how to bet -- and when to bow out.
In roulette, there’s s a specific mathematical probability that each bet has of winning. The odds are affected by the type of roulette you play and the rules of that roulette variation. Most gamers know that the European roulette wheel offers better odds for the player than the American roulette wheel. In addition, many of the European versions of roulette offers two additional rules, ‘la partage’ and ‘en prison.’ Employing one or the other of those rules will lower the house edge and give you a better chance to win your round.
It’s important to understand those probabilities and odds to win at roulette. Here is a summary of some of the basic bet options that you should know before you place your first wager:
There are two main types of roulette bets – Inside Bets and Outside Bets. The names of these groups of bets come from the bet positions on the layout of the table. Inside bets have less probability of winning but bigger payouts. Outside bets have higher chances of winning but deliver much smaller payouts.
For instance, a single number bet, which is an Inside Bet, has a 35 to 1 payout but only 2.7% odds. Even/Odds Bets, which is one of the most common types of outside bets, has a 1 to 1 payout but 48.6% odds.
Outside bets are for those gamers who like to play it safe. Outside bets deliver better odds of winning, although the payouts are lower. The most popular outside bet is an ‘even money’ bet which covers about 50% of the possible outcomes, aside from the number zero (and the double 0 in American roulette).
All the even bets in roulette are: even or odd, 1-18 or 19-36 or black or white. Each of these bets has roughly 50% chance of winning (even money bets have a 48.65% chance of winning in European Roulette, and 47.37% in American roulette.) The payout for outside bets is 1:1 due to the high probability of those bets succeeding.
Other outside bets are Dozens and Columns bets. Each of those bets covers 12 numbers and involves a third of all possible outcomes, more or less (a bit less because of the zero and double zero pockets). In these bets you wager on the first, second, or third column or on the first, second, or third dozens of numbers (1-12, 13-24, 25-36), Payout rate for Column and Dozen is 2:1.
The winning odds for those bets is 32.43% in European Roulette, and 31.58% when playing with an American wheel.
Placing an inside bet involves betting on a single number or on a small group of numbers If you’re betting on a group of numbers, the bet will relate to the numbered pocket’s position on the table. Inside bets have lower winnings odds than outside bets but the payouts are significantly higher.
Types of inside bets include:
- Straight bets involve betting on one specific number (also called a single-number bet.) Straight bets have the highest payout – 35.1 -- and the lowest winning probability. Chances that a straight bet will succeed are 2.70% in European roulette and 2.63% when playing American roulette.
- A split bet involves betting on two of the 37 numbers available (38 on an American wheel). With this bet, the numbers you choose must be located side-by-side (“neighbors”) on the table. The odds of a split bet winning are 5.41% for European, and 5.26% for American roulette. Payouts are 17:1.
- In a corner bet, you wager on four numbers that form a square on the table. For instance, the 1, 2, 4, and 5 form a corner so you can bet on that corner. Corner bets pay 8:1. Chances of a play hitting a corner bet are 10.81% on European Roulette, and 10.53% on the American wheel.
- Street bets involve three-number bets. The player bets on a row of numbers such as 4, 5, and 6, or 19, 20, and 21. The payout for winning a street bet is 11:1 and the probability of this bet winning is 8.11% in European, and 7.89% in American roulette.
- Basket bets are limited to American roulette, They involve five number bets. In such a bet, the player bets on the zero, 1, 2, and 3 or a double zero. The payout is 6:1 and the probability of this bet winning is 13.16%.
- If you bet on a row of numbers in a street bet, in a double street bet you bet on two rows of numbers, giving you a total of 6 numbers that are included in your bet. Odds are 16.22% and 15.79% for European and American Roulette and a payout is 5:1.
Called bets are a bit “off the map.” Called bets are only allowed in European Roulette or French Roulette games. In these bets, the numbers are combined according to the positions on the roulette wheel as opposed to more common types of bets in which the position on the table determines the bet.
Called bets include:
Thirds of the Wheel
Bets are allowed on a third of the wheel, meaning on 12 side-by-side numbers as they appear on the roulette wheel. They are situated across from Neighbors of Zero and probability of hitting a win is 32.4%. Payouts are 17:1.
Neighbors of Zero
This bet, also called the “Grand Series,” covers 17 numbers on the wheel – the 17 numbers that are closest to the green zero. Nine chips will be needed to cover all the numbers. Odds of this bet winning are 45.9%. Payouts can go as high as 24:1 though payouts can be lower, depending on the winning number.
A smaller version of the Neighbors of Zero, this bet covers seven numbers closest to the green zero pocket. Odds of this bet winnings are 18.9% but the payout can reach up to 26:1.
Orphans bets cover the numbers not covered in Zeros, Neighbors of Zero or Thirds of the Wheel. Chances of an orphans bet winning are 21.6% with a payout of either 35:1 or 17:1.
Finals is a variable bet in which a player bets on the last digit. Probability can vary between 8.1% and 10.8%, depending on the numbers.
The more you know about your game of roulette before you start playing, the better your chances become of achieving rewarding wins.