If you want the thrills of a professional poker session but prefer the flexibility that you get online, online video poker at our mobile casino South Africa is for you. Online video poker offers all of the betting options, the decision-making, the strategizing and the action of a tournament game together with the flexibility that comes from playing at an online casino - like Springbok.
In addition to the excitement, online players also benefit from poker’s relatively generous payout percentage and low house edge. As with any poker hand, the only thing random about a game of online poker are the cards that the player is dealt. Winning or losing is almost completely dependent on what the gamer does with those cards. So luck plays a smaller part in poker success than does the player’s strategy and skill.
If you want to try playing poker online it’s a good idea to spend a little bit of time learning about the different poker variations as well as getting a full overview of what is expected.
Some FAQs for new poker players:
What Poker Expressions Should I Learn?
Before you start playing you should become familiar with commonly-used poker expressions. Some of the most oft-used poker terms include
- Out -- A card that will improve your hand. Once all of the money has been bet and you turn over your cards, the “out” is the card that you need to complete a strong hand..
- Flop -- The first three community cards dealt out after the first round of betting is complete.
- Rake -- the scaled commission fee taken by the poker game operator.
- Ante -- A small bet all players must make a hand is dealt.
- Over-Pair -- a pair in the hole that is larger than any community card on the board.
- Fold -- when you think your hand is too weak to compete against the other players you “fold” which means that you give up. You then lose whatever you have bet so far.
- Call -- contribute the minimum amount of money to the pot necessary to continue playing a hand.
- Check – to pass on adding an additional bet. If you don’t want to bet you “check.” Once everyone has had their turn, the turn will return to you and you’ll have to “call,” “fold,” or “raise”
- Limit -- A variation of the game in which bets and raises are capped at a fixed amount.
How Do I Learn How to Play?
Regardless of the poker variation that you choose you can easily learn how to play by:
- reading an overview of the game
- watching an online tutorial
- signing into the Free Mode to play the game for free. You can play video poker for free for as long as you want in the Free Mode. Once you’re ready to play for real money you simply press “Real Mode” or make a deposit and then the game will automatically become a Real Mode game.
How Do I Find the Best Online Casino for Poker?
There are dozens of online casinos that feature video poker. It’s not always easy to know which casino is the best one - hint, hint...it's Springbok Casino - but there are definitely some signs that you should watch out for so that you know that you’re playing at a trustworthy, secure site.
- The casino should use gaming software that’s provided by a reputable company. The company, such as RealTime Gaming, should be licensed by an independent (government) agency from the country in which it operates. In this way you’ll be sure that you’re using a machine with a regulation Random Number Generator that ensures that all results are random and fair.
- The casino should, itself, be licensed, by either a national or international regulatory agency. Such a licenses provides players with the security of knowing that the casino operates under the authority of an impartial body that will look out for players’ interests.
- Online payment and withdrawal options should include online banking institutions that are regulated by national or international banking supervisory agencies. These ebanking institutions, credit/debit cards, cybercurrency payment options and other types of deposit and withdrawal options should be able to offer assurance that they provide safe, secure and private ebanking.
- If you want to play straight poker, you won’t have too much trouble finding an online casino that features five-card draw poker. If you are looking for some different types of interactive gaming options you might search for a casino that offers multiple poker variations so that you can pick and choose.
- A casino that gives good bonuses allows players to increase their winnings. Check out the casino’s Welcome Bonus, daily bonuses, weekly and monthly bonus packages and Loyalty Points packages.
Can You Play More than One Game at a Time?
Yes. Multi-tabling is allowed. You can play at multiple machines at one time to maximize your gaming time and even reach bonus requirements sooner so that you can more quickly collect the bonuses
Is Money Secure in an Online Casino Account?
If the casino is licensed and is working with licensed ebanking institutions/cybercurrency options, your money is safe. That’s why it’s important to review the certification symbols, not only on the casino site but on the ebanking sites.
How Quickly are Deposit and Withdrawal Transactions Effected?
Deposits will show up in your online casino account immediately. Then, once you click the deposit button, the funds will available for immediate use.
The amount of time that a withdrawal takes depends on the site and your bank. The withdrawals usually take 3 business days or less.
Is There a Minimum Buy-In for Online Video Poker?
No, there is no minimum. You can play at the level that suits your budget.